Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter has arrived!

Unfortunately.  Frankly, who invited it?  I sure didn't.  The first snowflakes in Nordrhein-Westfalia were reported today, not in our little corner, luckily.  But the whole day has been alternating (or sometimes simultaneously) blinding sunshine and pitch-black clouds.  And then there is now and then some wet stuff......

A day off, hooray.  Put on my good brown slacks and a white turtleneck, and realized I had nothing else to go with them.  I eventually decided these are just clothes and not an outfit.  Trade the slacks for black tweeds, added a teal vest/cardigan, and wow! An outfit.  I felt better immediately.

This turtleneck looks ok, unlike the gray one a few days ago.  It is because the neck is not so tight.  A cowl neck would be ideal, but of course I haven't got any.  Do they even still make them?

One of the local stores had an ad for the most gorgeous pastel sweaters.  But 109-129 Euros is just a tad expensive for me......

I was thrilled to see that the skin outbreaks on most of my body are clearing up and going away.  Yeah!  I know they will eventually come back (you never get rid of this crap entirely) but hopefully I will be able to keep them under control.

Just my scalp continues to make problems.  I am now trying something called Melkfett, which is sort of a Vaseline-type cream.  Of course, researching it, I find people saying Vaseline/Melkfett is the absolute best, while others say you should absolutely never use it......

That is one thing about this psoriasis and the related skin problems.  Everyone has their own diagnosis and solution.  But what works for one may have no effect on someone else.  Guess I will have to try this, that and the other and muddle my way through until I find something that works for me.

Kitty is curled up in a tight little ball, sound asleep.  On my throw pillow, on my place on the sofa......

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment