Thursday, December 15, 2011

Go with the flow

Life is interesting these days. You never know what will happen next, and just go with the flow.....

Had a real shock yesterday when the doorbell rang at 7:15.  Couldn't think who on earth it might be at that hour.  Turned out to be Leander, a friend of Lucas' who lives around the corner.  He had just left the house to go to school, forgetting to take his key of course, when he got a phone call that his morning classes were cancelled.  No one was at home, and the weather was too bad to stay outside, so he came to us.

I must add that we have known him and his family since the boy were not quite 2 years old, and they have been good friends the whole time.  Egad, 17 years??  Plus Lucas was home for the day to go to the doctor because his cough won't go away.  So we had company all morning.

I finished wrapping all the Christmas packages, even the books from Amazon for me.  Lucas picked one to be his present to me.   Put all the packages in a laundry basket in the living room.  Supposed to be a small Christmas but it looks like a lot!

Then I was totally crushed when I went shopping.  One of the local stores had only a few Christmas things left, all 50 percent off.  And they were unpacking the Easter things.  Easter.  In mid-December......

Today's outfit is black slacks, new dark rose ¾ sleeve t-shirt and turquoise knit vest.  Like the colours together, but still am undecided on the ¾ sleeve/short sleeve vest combination.

What have we been eating lately?  Cornmeal crust catfish, that was good.  Homemade hamburgers last night, also good.  So much better than those hockey-puck type “burgers”.  Tonight is just Norbert and me, and I haven't decided yet.  Will have to bake again tomorrow, and haven't decided what yet for that, either.

My scalp seems to be calming down, and I think the dandruff is getting better. Maybe I just hope the latter...... I think it is a combination of finding some good shampoo and creams, and relaxation/stress reduction.  I envision myself becoming a really laid-back hippie type, always going “cooool, man.......”  LOL

I ended up having Monday through Wednesday off work this week, so back to the coal mines today.  A quick peek at my bank account can be very motivating!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment