Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cooking, shopping and skin

Horrified all day by the news coming out of Liege.  How can people do such things?

Took advantage of another day off to do some freezer cooking.  Got two broccoli gratin, 6 baguettes with garlic butter, 1 Tuna Stroganoff and 3 small tuna casseroles (for lunch) in the freezer.  One Tuna Stroganoff ended up as dinner.

The bad news is that there seems to be no more cream of mushroom soup available in Germany!  I checked three different grocery stores.  Norbert and I came up with a cream sauce which was not only an adequate substitute but actually had a much better flavour.  Trouble is, it took forever.  Will give it another try tomorrow.

Had a bit more luck with other shopping.  Found five pieces for myself at Vogele, a clothing store.  Two long-sleeve t-shirts, one thistle pink and one steel blue.  A turquoise pullover.  An oatmeal coloured knitted vest and scarf to go with it, not only brown but with shades of pink too. The vest and scarf wil end up as Christmas presents to me, I suspect.

Also bought some things for Norbert and I am now 99 percent done with my Christmas shopping.  There is less every year.

I wrapped about half of the presents, will do the rest tomorrow.  Gathered the presents that have come in the mail.

On the skin front, everything is getting better except the scalp. It will do better for a few days then relapse.  I think I am trying too many different products. I will use one and stick with it for a week and see how it works,then change if necessary. 

I was near the skin doctor's office yesterday, so I stopped in to ask what I should do/bring/wear for my bath and light therapy.  Two towels, bathing suit, sandals.  Argh!  I dug my two ancient bathing suits out.  I don't think I have worn them in three or four years!  Trying to motivate myself to try them on.......

The weather is truly awful.  Heavy wind, heavy rain.  Temperatures are ok, not cold thank goodness.  They keep saying it will get better but it never does, funny how that works!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment