Monday, December 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bowls

Personally, I blame my friend Carleen for this!  She is the one who sent me the link and said she looked forward to seeing it on my blog.  So how could I resist? Carleen, have I told you lately that I love you?  Thank you thank you thank you!

Well, with a name like Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bowls, I couldn't possibly resist them, could I?

First you make a very stiff chocolate chip cookie dough. Thank heavens for the KitchenAid!



Then you cut out 4-inch rounds and drape them over the bottom of a well-greased muffin pan.





After a visit to the oven, they look like this:



When they have cooled a bit, they come loose surprisingly easy.  And this is how they look while waiting to go into action.


So here are the chocolate chip cookie bowls doing their duty!  Norbert chose to have just straciatella ice cream in his:


I went all out with chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and sprinkles:



And here they are again in all their glory:


Is that great looking or what?  And not just for ice cream:  pudding, mousse, chopped strawberries with whipped cream, and so on......

There was other food stuff today, too.  Fresh broccoli was on sale really cheap (like 49 cents a head) so I bought two, and blanched most of it, then froze it.  The rest was for dinner tonight.

Dinner was the broccoli individual potato gratins, and chicken filets with Hot & Spicy seasoning.  Excellent!

Enough for today, now need to digest it all.....

Susan









No comments:

Post a Comment