Saturday, December 3, 2011

A busy Saturday

A full day today:  news writing for CN, shopping and baking!  Good combination!

Started the day out with a visit to the grocery store, and in the middle of the day went to a used-book sale in town.  It is a used-book dealer who stores his wares here in our little town, and twice a month opens it for general sales.  Turns out he has a whole box full of english-language books, including some up-to-date mysteries, which he will put out for me when he next opens again on Thursday evening.  I may have found my Christmas present to myself!

Anyway, on to the yummy stuff.  Of course, when you cook and bake a lot, you end up with a lot of this:



And this is my true hero of the kitchen!  I looooooove my KitchenAid!



Today I made an apple cake, also for tomorrow.  It is an AMA heart-healthy recipe I have made many times before and contains lots of apples and cinnamon.  What could be better?

First you mix a bunch of chopped, peeled apples and sugar and let it sit 10 minutes.  Then you add the liquid ingreedients.


Next you carefully stir in the flour mixture.

Then you spread it in a pan.



And when it comes out of the oven:

Still lots of work to do tomorrow.  All those cupcakes need to be frosted and decorated, for example!

And in other news:  My skin problem is doing quite well at the moment, except for the scalp.  Tryng little dabs of the strong cortisone cream again.  But quite pleased at how everything else is clearing up.

That's it for today!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment