Friday, January 6, 2012

Time flies in the new year....

January 6th already!  Epiphany, as I recall.

What we have mostly been doing around here is working -- both the paid stuff and the around the house stuff.

Lucas and I took off to Maastricht, Netherlands, on Tuesday, for the Vacansoleil team presentation.  It was my first time driving on the Dutch autobahns, and I accomplished it with no problems.  Yeah me!

Also had my first two "bath and light" treatment sesisons for my psoriasis.  I wear my bathing suit under my clothes to go in.  Then I go down in teh basement of the doctor's practice.  The bathtub is filled about 4 inches with warm water.  Then the aide lays a plastic sheet across it.  I climb in very carefully and lay down (well, as much as I can since I am after all rather tall....) The she dumps a bucket of water with medication in it over me, and wraps me up in the plastic like a blue mummy!

I stay that way for 10 minutes, very relaxing.  Then the timer goes up.  I sit up, start draining the water, unwrap myself, and kick the plastic aside enough to stand up on the tub bottom.  Climb out, dry myself, throw the plastic away. 

Then I walk to the other side of the room, put on eye protection and climb into what looks like a cross between a shower stall and a sun bench.  The aide has previously set the time, so I walk in and close the door, which starts it.  There are handles to hold on to. 

Since I am fairly light-skinned ( a nice way of saying ghostly white), I only get "beamed" for less than three minutes.  When it stops, I exit, dress and go home!

Our task this weekend is to take on the kitchen!  Go through all the cupboards, rearrange, toss what is not needed, and so on.  We have some ideas about better storage possiblities.  Since both of us have gotten so much into cooking and baking, we really very much need to do something.

So there was nothing really exciting to report today.  But we have both been surprised at how fast the week has gone.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment