Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Busy day with bad Kitty language

Busy times

The New Year is proving itself to be a full-packed one.  Norbert and I are both on a full physical therapy programme.  And we both have lots of work at the moment.

Today was a work day for me which started off slowly.  That's ok, gives me time to do things around the house.  And I got a lot done, too, including two loads of laundry washed, dried, sorted, ironed and put away!  Plus I took about 6 bags of old clothes to the donation center.

The big news at work is that Team NetApp has been invited to the Giro d'Italia.  Hooray!  Such a boost for German cycling.  And I got exclusive quotes quite quickly.

This morning I noticed that Kitty was limping.  She of course avoided me all day, so I couldn't investigate.  About 7 pm. I lay down to take a nap but realized the vet was only open until 8, so it was time to act.  Lucas brought her downstairs and put her on my lap.  Felt her left front paw, no reaction.  Felt her right front paw.... wow!  Strong reaction with very bad Kitty language!

Lucas and I got everything ready, he threw her in hr carry case and into the car.  (She HATES being in her case and riding in the car).

We waited maybe 3 minutes at the vet (I love them) and it turns out she has a badly infected claw bed.  She got a shot of antibiotics and pain killer, and has to go back for another Thursday afternoon.  The hardest part of it all is that she has to stay inside until then......

Dinner tonight was cornmeal-batter-dipped fish, macaroni and cheese, and broccoli. Somehow it all disappeared, quite rapidly!

More work news:  I had an inquiry to do some more translating work, which would be nice.  And Lucas has two job interviews tomorrow!

So tomorrow is going to be even busier than today.  Better than sitting around being bored, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment