Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Breakfast time!


I decided that Lucas will need a hot breakfast before he goes to work (starting next week).  I also know that I will not cook it for him every morning, nor will he.  So I found a recipe for Egg McMuffins on the internet and decided to try it out.  English muffins come in a package of four, so that's how many I made as a test -- two with "fried2" eggs, two with scrambled eggs.






The "fried" egg are done in the oven!  Grease a muffin cup and break an egg into it.  Bake it!



A little butter on the top of the english muffins...


For each type I made one with cheese and one without.  Here the scrambled eggs.



The one without cheese got bacon.


That's what the eggs look like when they come out of the oven.


They make these cute little cake type things, which are actually a bit small for the muffins.



Again, cheese or bacon


'And with their tops on.....


I thought I would try some sausage patties.  Can't buy them here, but you can buy "mett", a seasoned ground pork, and I made my own sausage patties out of it.



They should probably have been a bit thinner.


The biscuits and sausages eye one another....


..... they come together.....



and put their tops on!


Oh yeah, we need dinner tonight too. A stew of stew meat, potatoes, celery, carrots and potatoes.  I didn't have any tomato puree so I threw in an undrained can of chopped tomatoes, and had to add some water during the cooking.

Lucas tested everything and gave it all a thumbs up. So we went into production.


 The bacon, "fried" eggs and muffins are ready.


Lucas started assembling.


The results:  six with "fried" eggs, six with scrambled eggs.

Another view.


And now I am tired and will probably take a nap now that dinner is over!

Back to work tomorrow and Friday, I need those days to rest up from my two days off......

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment