Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Washday

Spring is springing, rather slowly, but definitely coming.  I decided to honour the occasion by hanging out the first load of wash of the season.

The first things to be washed were these two shirts:

Lucas is required to wear a work shirt every day.  Five days a week.  But they only gave him three shirts.  Sigh.

As long as the wash line was in operation, I decided to go further.  Every spring and fall, I hand wash all my scarves and let them dry in the open air.  This also gives me the chance to decide whether to keep them.

And it is pretty, too!

Speaking of pretty, here is my first daffodil of the year:


A little Tete-a-Tete, of course.

These fellows are struggling to catch up:


The crocus are doing their thing, too.



The sun didn't stay out long though and I had to throw the shirts in the clothes dryer to finish them off.

Still, it was enough to give me at least a feeling that maybe winter will actually be gone one of these days!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment