Saturday, March 24, 2012

Here comes Peter Cottontail

It occured to me the other day that Easter is fast approaching!

First of all it made me think of this little guy here.


We met him last August outside of our cabin at Badlands National Park in South Dakota.

It being the weekend and since I had the day off (third day in a row off!), I decided to bake cupcakes and decorate them with an Easter theme. 


Funny, there were more of them earlier....


I bought the mini marshmallow bunnies in the US last month.  The mini-jelly beans, too, actually.

I decided to do a bit of Easter decorating as well.  The last few years we have been in the US over Easter, so I didn't do any Easter stuff here.  Now that Lucas is no longer in school, we no longer have to fly during the school vacations (and yes, there is a significant price difference in airfares!)

I am not into major decorating, so it is rather minimal.  Here, a few chicks and bunnies:

#

 And of course a few sheep!
 
 

Here a chick with an attidue:

  
And here, an Easter tree (which will subsequently be a Halloween tree and a Christmas tree):
 


Gotta have a few candles, too:
 

Oh, and did you know that orchids are on sale at OBI?  We now have six new orchids, here are three of them:


It is a gorgeous spring day, and Norbert and Kitty took advantage of it:


We have new mattresses, too!  (Don't worry, I will tie this all together....)


We ordered them several weeks ago and paid half.  Delivery was ridiculously expensive, so Norbert borrowed his firm's station wagen and picked them up this morning, only to discover they are now on sale.  He demanded the lower price. The saleswoman didn't agree and Norbert threatened to take advantage of his right to cancel the sale.  She finally caved in, so we saved nearly 100 Euros!  Hooray!

To tie this into spring:  I took advantage of the lovely spring weather to hang all the bed linens outside in the sunshine and fresh air.


Back to work tomorrow, another big race day.  Actually I worked some on Friday evening, doing a race report for Cyclingnews and some translation work.

Oh and in other news:  Lucas is home with bronchitis.  Norbert hurt his back earlier in the week but it is doing much better now.  I had a nasty reaction to my skin treatment and only went once this week.  Kitty was injured in a catfight and now has come down with a cold too!  What a healthy bunch we all are! :-)

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment