Monday, June 4, 2012

A work in progress -- clothes-wise

Taking more steps in adjusting my wardrobe.  I know what colours are good for me, and pretty much what styles.  Still working on the latter, so that everything I own doesn't look the same!

I found a lovely pair of navy linen slacks.  They were very expensive (for me, that is) but I bought them anyway as they were perfect. One of my goals was to find some summer-weight slacks, as most of what I have is far too heavy for really hot weather.  (Jeans, when it is 90°F and 90% humidity, or more?  No!)

I also bought a blue-and-pink checked short-sleeved top, and a blue t-shrt with a little neckline detail to go with it, can also wear pink or white underneath it.  Or even wear the top alone.  Love being flexible like that.

I feel that I have way too many clothes so I am really giving things the test.  Do I love it? Or am I hanging on to it because I feel I "ought to"?  Gettng dressed yesterday I decided on a certain dress (yes, I do still own a few.) As I pulled it out of the wardrobe, I thought, "I hope this doesn't fit so I can get rid of it."  This should have been a clue, right?  If I feel that way, why was it taking up space in my wardrobe (and my life)?

Out it went!  And yes, it didn't really fit right, either.

I even went through my collection of sweat pants, lounge clothes, whatever you want to call them, and tossed a number of things from there, too.

I love clothes and love going through what I have and figuring out different combinations, or the best way to store them and so on.  Right now there is so much to do in the house, plus of course my work, but frankly it is nice to be able to go "play" with my clothes for a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment