Saturday, June 9, 2012

A kitcheny sort of day

It was a kitcheny sort of day on Friday.  Actually I was supposed to work on Friday (and have Thursday off), but my boss asked me to switch with him.  So I did. (Always a good idea to do what the boss asks, no?)

It turned out to be an excellent idea, as the local grocery store announced a huge sale on Friday. I got there later than I wanted (8:45) and ended up waiting about 10 minutes to get to the meat counter.  Spent a lot of money too!  But I think it was worth it.

Got home and got to work.  (And you thought a day off work meant a day with no work -- ha ha!) First I tackled these items: 


That is one package of spaghetti sauce; 8 hamburgers with buns; two packages of Bratwurst; and three pork roasts.

Next up:


12 chicken breasts got divided up into four packages of three.  One Chicken Creole for the crockpot; one lemon chicken; and two packages of pre-seasoned breasts to grill. Unfortunately I forgot that one set of chicken breasts was to be dinner that evening, so I had to pull it out of the freezer in the late afternoon.

And then:


Did I mention the store also had strawberries on sale for €1.11 a pound?  Couldn't say no to that, now could I? So a strawberry cake to eat this weekend (and which is now already half gone....). Made a batch of chocolate chip muffins to freeze, and a container of Mom's incredibly wonderful pepper steak, and even cooked and froze separately the rice to serve it with.

Not pictured but also now in the freezer are a package of frikadellen (German meatballs/hamburgers/whatever) and three bags of baked rice.

I love days like this, makes me feel good!

And I am amazed at how fast this week has gone by -- having a lot to do makes the time fly by, I guess.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment