Friday, February 10, 2012

Cupcake day


 I realized that I have been ignoring my baking lately, which is not good, because it is something I enjoy.  So I made up for that today, as you can see above.




First though, I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes.  How could I possible resist anything with a name like that?  The first step is to make a topping mixture of egg, brown sugar and chocolate chips.



The dough itself is quite stiff and much more like, well, chocolate chip cookie dough than regular cupcake dough.


 The dough bakes for 15 minutes (and it really helps if you actually set the time instead of just thinking about it.) Mine ended up being a bit overdone.  You take them out and give them each 2 tablespoons of topping, and bake them an additional 10 minutes.


Here they are out of the pan.  I found them quite good, totally different from most cupcakes.  They taste best fresh out of the oven, for sure.  Will try warming them up before I eat the next one.


That didn't seem like enough so I made a batch of plain yellow cupcakes.


I then made lemon frosting for them, which Norbert said was "very lemony".  The first try was too liquidy, (see above).


So I added even more powdered sugar and was able to pipe it.


Then I decorated them a bit, and they are ready to eat!

Yesterday Lucas started working at the Obi store in Hückelhoven (close to us), although they weren't supposed to start until Monday.  It is a HUGE store.  Yesterday and today they unloaded and carried in all of the shelving for the store.  Someone else will install it over the weekend and on Monday they start loading the shelves.  Should take about 4 weeks!

He is very happy with his job, likes the work and the people.  He is very motivated, so we are all happy.

The bad news is that we are still having winter weather.  Another dusting of snow yesterday and more this weekend.  Enough already! 

Looking forward to our trip to the US next week with hopefully nicer weather!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment