Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mixed Success

The chicken was from the crockpot:  one chopped onion, three chicken breasts and a cup of chicken broth.  Good, but dry.  Will try it with enough broth to cover the chicken next time.

The rice is good, but was just enough for four (one of Lucas' friends joined us).  Saute an onion, sitr in a cup of rice.  Add two cups chicken broth, and simmer for five minutes.  Put in a greased  casserole, cover and back at 350°/175° for 30 minutes.  Also excellent with 2 cups water mixed with a package dry onion soup mis.

I did dash into the work room this afternoon.  After many year's absence, I have decided to get back to doing patchwork (quilting).  I have gathered some material and had some left over from my earlier forays.

The first project was potholders.  Well, I made every single mistake possible!  One of them I even had to throw away, it could not be saved.  Had to laugh at myself for some of the silly things I did.  Live and learn, right?  I made another one today, or at least about half done by the time Norbert got home.  They will be useable, and at least every time I will look at them I will be reminded that I can't rush into things like that!

Hopefully I will figure out tomorrow how to do photos.......

'till then!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment